Temporary Holding Cell Systems
WireCrafters build Style 840 partition systems for prisoner holding cells in correctional and detention centers across the country. Our Style 840 Holding Cells are designed for supervised temporary confinement while prisoners are being processed or detained for a short period of time. Because of the versatility of our wire partition system, the strong wire partition panels can be configured to meet facility needs utilizing our standard parts.
Holding Cell Doors & Ceilings
A hinged door with a secure lock device keeps detainees and prisoners in the holding cell. Ceiling panels constructed of the same material completes the holding cell, and our unique design prevents access to all hardware from the secure side of the holding cell enclosure. The wire partition holding cell system installs quickly with standard hand tools using heavy 3/8″ assembly hardware. Our open but secure design allows free circulation of existing lighting, HVAC, and fire suppression systems throughout the holding cell. Heavy duty options are available for facilities requiring enhanced security.
Holding Cell Lock Details
WireCrafters standard mortise cylinder lock, a self-locking device with a spring action tongue, can be used in this application. We also offer an institutional high security dead latch lock. Add top and bottom slide bolts to the door for more security. Also, integrate customer specified locks into the system. Review our custom locks section to see some examples of locks we integrated into our system.
Key Holding Cell Features
- Twenty standard sized panels 4’0″ or 5′-0″ high, by 1′-0″ to 10′-0″ wide.
- Stack two or more panels between posts to reach wall height.
- Standard size panels work in ceilings and walls.
- Custom size panels and special heights available.
- Hinged, double hinged, sliding and vertical rise doors available.
- Sliding doors have patented tamper resistant latch mechanism.
- Angle frame design gives installer clear access to hardware, speeding installation.
- Assembly hardware is inaccessible from the secured side of the partition.
- Standard 3/8″ mounting hardware is the heaviest in the industry.
- Heavy duty options available.
- Order with any mesh, expanded metal, sheet metal or clear polycarbonate.